5 Ways to Keep Skin Healthy During Cold Weather
Posted December 17, 2014 in Non-Surgical Treatments
When fall and winter comes, does your face feel like it is begging for hydration? If you are prone to rashes, skin cracking or just feel skin dehydration due to the cold, crisp air, then this advice is for you! Winter doesn’t have to mean sacrificing healthy-looking skin.
Dr. Palladino does more than just cosmetic surgery. Our goal is to help patients look and feel their best. We offer a multitude of methods and products to help you achieve this goal. Here are 5 things you can do to maintain and preserve healthy-looking skin during the cold months of winter, when the air is harsh and unforgiving.
Five Ways to Maintain Healthy-Looking Skin through Winter:
- Microdermabrasion: Using a safe, exfoliating treatment. This non-surgical technique uses fine crystals to invigorate skin, which removes the damaged or dead skin cells. This method is very effective in smoothing uneven coloring, sun spots, age marks, fine lines or even scars from acne. We can use microdermabrasion on the face and neck, but it also works well on all other areas of a person’s body which may need rejuvenation. Look younger with no downtime! Opt for multiple treatments every couple of weeks for best results.
- Laser Treatments:If you want to improve your complexion, reduce blotchy patches or skin discolorations, as well as see a dramatic improvement in the texture and tone, then the Sciton skin laser treatment offers very good rejuvenation qualities.
- LED Therapy: Our Dermaglow LED Therapy is a process that uses soft light to diminish many types of skin issues. This non-invasive method can be used for blemishes, hypo or hyper-pigmented skin, acne, discoloration from sun damage, as well as other skin problems. It works by using an intense, light-emitting diode (LED) and through multi-frequencies applied strategically to a patient’s face or other desired areas, it can be a highly effective treatment for many skin imperfections.
- Chemical Peels: Winter is the perfect time to do a chemical peel, since you may be indoors more. This type of exfoliating treatment helps you get rid of dead skin cells, while stimulating new skin growth. You may notice fine lines and dull skin dissipate, leaving a renewed look.
- Specialty Products: We carry a collection of high-end skin care products, which work together to deliver refreshing and nourishing skin. The Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup uses a unique formula of animal-free ingredients with the highest quality minerals to improve your face and skin. Our ColorScience Sunscreens also offer noticeable restoration, while protecting skin from the sun’s rays.
Consult with the MagicSurgeon team to see what treatment is right for you, and when you are ready, feel free to call us at (866) 624-7874 to set up a consultation.