The eyes and their appearance have a significant impact in the overall look of the face. The expression of the eyes shifts over time; aging can cause the eyes to look tired, sad or angry. These traits can also be inherited generation-by-generation. Brow lift (also known as forehead lift) is a surgical procedure that reduces signs of aging on the forehead and brow region. Through this procedure, Dr. Humberto Palladino can give you a more relaxed, rested and youthful expression. He is pleased to treat his patients in South Florida, including Fort Lauderdale, Miami, North Palm Beach, Boca Raton, and the surrounding areas at his full-service plastic surgery practice.
Am I a Candidate for Brow Lift?
Brow lift surgery may be suitable for you if you have one or more of the following cosmetic concerns:
- Creases or lines across the forehead
- Creases high on the bridge of the nose, between the eyes
- Frown lines
- Low or sagging brows
When considering brow lift, you should meet with Dr. Palladino for a personal consultation to discuss the procedure and what it will accomplish. He will inquire about your needs and expectations of surgery, and draw up a treatment plan to comprehensively address all of your concerns.
The Procedure – What to Expect
Brow lift is an outpatient procedure that can be performed alone, or more frequently, as part of a combined surgery to restore the youthful appearance of your face. Anesthesia and sedation medications are used for optimal patient comfort. Dr. Palladino performs this procedure through different approaches that are customized to your needs.
- Endoscopic brow lift: this technique is a minimally invasive one; Dr. Palladino uses a camera to access the forehead and brows from the under-side through small incisions behind your hairline. This advanced technique allows for a faster recovery with less swelling and bruising.
- Temporal brow lift: usually performed in combination with a full facelift, this technique allows for brow reshaping and repositioning through the lateral facelift incision.
- Coronal brow lift: this technique allows for a full open reshaping and contouring of the forehead and brow through an incision at or behind the hairline from one ear to the other. This is the preferred method for the correction of severe cases and deep frown lines.
- Trans-palpebral brow lift: frequently performed together with upper blepharoplasty, this approach allows for the repositioning of the brow through the upper eyelid incision. It has the benefit of using only one incision and provides a direct approach to the brow.
- Direct brow lift: usually reserved for cases of severe brow ptosis and forehead wrinkling where the brows are lifted by direct removal of the skin immediately above the brow.
Depending on the areas of your face that you would like to rejuvenate, brow lift surgery may be combined with another procedure such as eyelid surgery or facelift to address signs of aging.
Mild swelling, bruising and temporary loss of sensation are normal after brow lift surgery. Pain or discomfort can be controlled with oral medication. You should rest as much as possible in the days after surgery, avoiding any bending, lifting or straining. Dr. Palladino will follow up with you several times after surgery to check your healing progress and answer any questions. Though brow lift recovery varies by patient, you’ll be back to work and your normal activities sooner than you may think.
The cost of a brow lift can vary depending on many factors, such as type of anesthesia selected for the procedure, and if it will be performed endoscopically or traditionally. The average range for this type of surgery is anywhere between $3,000 to $8,000. Dr. Palladino offers financial options for the convenience of his patients.
Learn More about Brow Lift
If you are considering facial rejuvenation surgery, brow lift may be a good place to start. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Humberto Palladino would be happy to meet with you and talk about the surgery in greater detail. Contact him at Top Aesthetics today at 866-624-7874 to schedule a consultation.
Fort Lauderdale Location
2122 W Cypress Creek Rd
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309