Losing a substantial amount of weight — either from bariatric surgery or diet and exercise — is an admirable achievement that is great for your health and your self-confidence. If you’ve recently lost an excessive amount of weight, it’s understandable that you’ll want to wear new clothing that shows off your figure, and want to participate in more recreational or social activities. However, plastic and reconstructive surgeon Humberto Palladino frequently sees patients who have lost weight but still have excess saggy skin. He understands how frustrating it is when your skin does not contract to your new shape, and looks loose or saggy. Dr. Palladino performs massive weight loss body contouring at Southwest Plastic Surgery to help you achieve the tight, toned appearance you desire.
Am I a Candidate for Body Contouring?
Body contouring shapes, tones and/or removes loose skin after massive weight loss. This includes skin on the following areas of the body:
- lower abdomen
You will feel much better about your appearance with body contouring. Your skin will hug your curves more tightly and you will look leaner and toned.
The Procedure – What to Expect
Every body contouring patient has different needs. Dr. Palladino will ensure that yours are fully addressed. Together, you will work out a treatment plan that corrects the areas of your body that you feel need some improvement. Dr. Palladino will go over all of your options and explain the possibilities to you. He offers a range of body contouring procedures, including the following:
- Body lift: addresses sagging skin and fat on the buttocks, abdomen, hips and thighs.
Thigh lift: improves the appearance of saggy thighs by lifting the skin and removing the excess. The remaining skin hugs the underlying tissues more tightly.
- Arm lift: tones arms by tightening the tissues, removing loose skin and tightening the remaining skin for a more pleasing arm contour. Arm lift can address skin laxity anywhere between the shoulder and elbow.
- Breast lift: elevates the breasts into a more youthful position by removing excess skin and pulling the remaining skin together more tightly. The nipple / areola can also be re-located higher on the breast.
- Buttock lift: pulls the buttock skin upward, removing the excess. If the buttock lift leaves the backside looking too flat or angular, Dr. Palladino can add volume and roundness by placing an implant or performing an autologous fat transfer.
- Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck): sculpts and tones the abdomen by tightening the muscles, skin and tissues and removing excess skin.
These body contouring procedures can be combined to target multiple areas of the body and produce a more comprehensive transformation. Complete body contouring or post-bariatric reconstruction are often performed in stages (i.e., one procedure at a time with recovery in between procedures), but it can also be performed altogether as an Extreme Body Makeover.
Body contouring after bariatric surgery or after loosing a significant amount of weight offers many options depending on the needs of each particular patient. Depending on the areas to be contoured, the price range can be between $10,000-$30,000. In some cases, medical insurance might cover a portion of the cost. To find out exactly how much your body contouring surgery will cost and if your insurance will cover part of the surgery, call our office to make an appointment for a consultation with board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Palladino.
Learn More about Body Contouring
Dr. Palladino understands the concerns that you may have after losing a large amount of weight but retaining saggy skin. If you would like to learn more about your options for surgical body sculpting, please contact us at 915-590-7900.
10175 Gateway Blvd. West - Suite 210
El Paso, TX 79925
5925 Silver Springs Dr. Suite C
El Paso, TX 77912