Getting a Mommy Makeover
Posted February 25, 2015 in Breast Augmentation, Breast Lift, Laser Skin Resurfacing, Liposuction, Mommy Makeover, Skin Rejuvenation, Tummy Tuck Surgery
One of the biggest buzzwords in the plastic surgery industry is the “Mommy Makeover”. Women who have had children will find this type of surgery to be beneficial, both in uplifting their spirits and physical appearance. After having a baby, or several kids, many moms are too busy to get back in shape. Some try many diets or exercise regiments only to be disappointed, time and time again.
Then there are those lucky mothers who sport a beach-ball sized tummy and miraculously have no stretch marks after giving birth. Their bellies return to normal and they can easily fit back into their regular clothes again. Obviously, these are not the ladies who need Mommy Makeover procedures in South Florida!
For the rest of the mothers out there who really want to trim up and get rid of that extra “pooch” from the pocket left behind due to the pregnancy, or who have extra cellulite in their hips, legs, abdominals, and sagging breasts after breastfeeding, the Mommy Makeover is the perfect solution. Dr. Humberto Palladino performs hundreds of Mommy Makeovers every year, so read on to see if you are a great candidate!
A Mommy Makeovers Can Help You Get Your Pre-Baby Body Back!
As a mom, you know that childbearing can change your body in many ways. Yet, most mothers would agree that it is a small sacrifice to make in exchange for the joy of motherhood. But if your belly doesn’t retract, it is not your fault. This is due to the loss of elasticity in your skin, because the pregnancy causes your abdominal muscles to stretch more than your exercise routine can repair.
Mommy Makeovers may help to correct issues such as:
- Extra cellulite on hips and thighs
- Stretch marks
- Love handles or flabby tummies (including that “overhang” you dislike)
- Splotchy skin or discolorations
- Sagging breasts
As part of your Mommy Makeover, Dr. Palladino will discuss the goals you have for your body. He is a board-certified, award-winning plastic surgeon with thousands of satisfied clients under his belt. He can also show you before and after images of what your new body will look like, using a modern, 3D Vectra Imaging system.
What Does a Mommy Makeover Entail?
Every woman is different, therefore your post-baby body may reveal differences that other women do not. For example, some women carry more belly fat, while others carry more in their butts or legs. Whether you have a pear shape, round or other type of physique, your Mommy Makeover will be uniquely customized to the needs of your body.
Some of the combinations you may choose include:
- Liposuction: The lipo procedure removes pockets of fat in your hips, thighs, belly, butt and other places that seem to stick after having a baby. Sometimes they seem impossible to go away. The lipo will give you a more slender and proportionate figure.
- Breast Lift/Enhancement: Some women find that after having a baby, their breasts appear to sag more. This is because breastfeeding or even carrying a child takes a toll on your breasts, causing them to sag after the loss of elasticity. They start filling up while you are pregnant, and then after they go down, unless you have stronger-than-normal pectoral muscles, the result will look baggy and even some hanging might occur. Breast lifts can get those ta-tas looking perky again!
- Tummy Tuck: Also known as abdominoplasty, the tummy tuck is the most common aspect of a Mommy Makeover. Having a baby definitely changes and stretches your midsection. Dr. Palladino will tighten and tuck those abdominal muscles, while removing the excess skin and fat. The result is a tighter, flatter belly to get your abs back in beautiful condition.
- Breast Augmentation: Some women forgoe just a breast lift and get a breast augmentation. If you have lost breast shape or volume, then the implants used in a breast augmentation can be a good solution.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing: Thermal energy can be used to stimulate new collagen growth, which minimizes stretch marks and scars caused by having a baby, especially for women who have had a C-Section.
- Skin Rejuvenation: If you want to give your face a makeover and not just your body, the process of skin rejuvenation can help. This works not only for your face, but for the stretch marks and scars caused by motherhood.
Every woman is different, so Dr. Palladino has a Mommy Makeover solution for every woman’s goal and budget. Forget about those lost New Year’s Resolutions and come in to talk to Dr. Palladino. Call (866) 624-7874 to get started with a free consultation!